Monday, August 18, 2014

Nun

I wanted to make sure my blog was still here and hadn't been taken over by squatters. It hadn't.

This was going to be a one sentence post, a photo and a link. It ended up a bit longer and more. I can never just KISS. Damn.

There of course is so much to write about. I choose to think and to talk to people about most of this stuff lately, and I have been busy. I am enjoying talking to one of my IS2s. She is taking an online course in international relations and I am helping her form ideas and outlines for her assignments.

There is "locally" this thing down in Ferguson MO. It is sad, as all killing and death is. But it is more than just another killing. It is exposing (bringing to light to the millions who have not been paying attention for the past decade or so) the massive militarization of our domestic law enforcement. But I am not here to talk about that subject today. I don't feel like doing that kind of damage to my mental and physical health today.

There is what is going on in Israel and Gaza to talk about. I am more ignorant that I would like to admit on the subject. I would love to think of it as self defense, but I know it is much more complicated than that. I am sure it would be very simple if it was the US against say Rhode Island, and Rhode Island only had Muslims in it and they were shooting rockets at Massachusetts. I am sure not so many Leftys would be defending RI when there beach front property on the Cape was being blown up or if sky scrapers in Boston where falling. But since its over there, and the Palestinians are the minority now and not he Israelite, the Leftys go with the newly oppressed if they are wrong or right.

There is what is going on in Africa. Hell that is like its own blog. Between Ebola and kidnapping and the always shitty affairs in the HOA. Africa's stock is not going up. China has a crush on it. Well, it's resources, but it could not care less about the humans. That is not really "breaking news."

So what am I going to talk about, or write about, or simply point out. I am going to point out one little thing that is going on in Iraq and that is the blitzkrieg of ISIS or ISIL or what ever the name of the week is. They are bad. That is not news. They are growing, and fast. That is kind of news. Obama is for some reason having to do what he said he wouldn't do in Syria and that is bomb one group of people to save another group of people. There is much read about the differences, of Syria and Iraq. In this case I see very little. What ever. What I want to point out is the specific targeting of Christians in Iraq. There is all sorts of stuff floating around the web about convert or die, die anyway. Pay or die. Die even if you pay. Convert or leave or die. Or die even if you leave. What ever you have read, it is true. Some bad dudes, who happen to be Muslim, are killing other dudes who are Christians

Ok, now, I know some of you think I am Christian. I think I have written on this before that I was raised Catholic, but don't identify myself as one of them, and have not for at least 20 years now. I consider myself human and seek the wisdom in all religions as well as the wisdom in no religion. I am a student of all regions. At least the major ones, and some minor ones. Sometimes that is the original texts. Sometimes it is news and blogs. Sometimes it is the wiki page. Sometimes it is talking to other humans. I know a little about a lot of religions. I find myself siding with Christians both world wide and in the US. I do think that Christians are persecuted around the world as many religions are in many places. I would say that south America, which is a whole bunch Christian is not persecuted per say, but there are many other shitty things about that continent and the plight of most people there. I also think that Christians, even though they are the biggest religious group in our country, are persecuted to some degree in the US as well. Atheists are kicking Christians out of all sorts of places. Town greens where mangers are (or used to be set up at Christmas). Schools, meetings, sports, ANYTHING. Anywhere that has even a whiff of the Christian god or Jesus, some atheist is freaking out and is trying to give them the boot. They want nothing in the place of something. Which brings up another point.

Atheism is a religion. Atheists are mad. Atheists are confused about the issue of the "separation of church and state." It is not a thing. It is a line or a concept from a obscure letter from one of our presidents, a good one, to a church in Connecticut. That is all. A line in a letter. What the Constitution does say is:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Lets focus on the "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech..." part. It says nothing about not being able to pray at a football game. And it shouldn't because football had not been invented when the Constitution was written. Long story short, allowing something is not the same as a law establishing a religion. This, like all the original amendments, has over the years, been perverted. What ever, I have gone off on a serious tangent here.

Back to the point. Israel is protecting itself and dealing with a old situation and Jews are killing Muslims. There are also Muslims killing or trying to kill Jews, but that is little reported. In Iraq, you have Muslims killing Christians, and very few care. At least not the same ones who fakely care about the Jews killing the Muslims. Well, I have noticed some of my Facebook friends have changed their profile pics to what I Googled as "a J looking Arabic letter." Well this is what I found out.

The thing that looks like a "J" is really the 14th letter in the Arabic alphabet. You can read the link below. I'm not going to get all into explaining some stuff I know jack about and someone else has already written about. Anyways, it is to show solidarity with the Christians that being killed and raped and beaten and run out of their homes in Iraq. I would say I stand with those people. I stand with anyone who is being really persecuted. Am I biased? Maybe. Am I a Christian sympathizer? Maybe. Am I a Christian apologist? Maybe. Do I care what I am labeled by most people? No.

Mosul Christians: And Then There Were Nun

Read and listen to what is going on in Iraq. If you are going to speak up for the Muslims being killed by Jews you should be speaking up for the Christians being killed by Muslims. If not, you're either confused, a hypocrite, ignorant or a little bit of all three of those. Most Americans can be put into one or most of those categories. Of course, I'm not talking about my readership. Y'all wicked smart.


So there you have it. Now you know. If you didn't know. Read the post. Read some other stuff. Pay attention. Or as always, don't. Ignorance is easy and common. Kind of like writing a blog.


Aloha




No comments:

Post a Comment