Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Everything Is Awesome OR The Sky Is Falling

Going to keep it short. Try.

I read a good amount of stuff today. Mostly on the situation in Iraq. Some on the overall view of how things are in our country and how our leadership is doing. It is so amazing that two different people, actually two different groups could see the same world and give two, almost polar opposite assessments.

So, here is the cheerleader group. The Left. Paul Krugman to be exact. Well, he thinks Obama is doing awesome. Some of what he is saying might have some truth in it. Key word some. But as he tries to point out all the wicked awesome achievements, he totally omits any failures or shortcomings. You can't do that. You don't get to just put your successes on your resume. Just ask a football coach if he only counts his wins and would expect a future employer not to ask how many games he has lost. Maybe a bad analogy, but you get my point.

Everything Is Awesome

Then, you have this critic, Jonah Goldberg I like some of his stuff. He is card carrying member of the opposition. Something all administrations and parties need. Works for Foxnews and The National Review. I can get with most of his stuff. They really love Reagan. Anyway, you read this it is like the end of the world, at least of our country, is here. I would tend to agree we are on that road. His list compiles many of the problems and failures, and even leaves some out.

The Sky Is Falling

Actually, that was not the article I was thinking I read today. I think I merged two of them together, but that was is good too. Hey, that's what you get for a free blog.

This one might be the one I was thinking of.

So, the sky is closer to the earth today then it was yesterday. I can't tell you it's rate of descent, but it is descending. But if you think everything is awesome, good for you. I happen to think you are either naive, fatally optimistic and or both. There is also a chance that I am wrong. I see that chance as slight. And the people who rate the US bonds I think partially agree with me, but to each their own.

Keep you eyes and ears on Iraq and this massive influx of underage illegal immigrants, and the dude who beat Cantor and another awesome fuax debt ceiling fight (that last one is still a way out). It has come the point where you only have to watch the news on Friday, because that is the only day that your government wants to release any information. Then they pray that the Liberal media never get around to it and or it get forgotten over the weekend and they can start of Monday with a clean slate. That is how dumb they think you are. And if I have any awesome IT type readers, please contact the IRS and help them find a few years missing emails. I guess the term "not a smidgen of corruption" actually means, I have been assured all the evidence has been destroyed.

Peace out. But more importantly, keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment