Saturday, August 30, 2014

From Russia With Love

Good evening slash good morning readers. I had some awesome Applewood Smoked Double-Cut Bacon Served with spicy fresh corn salsa and two tasty brewed beverages along with a side of adult conversation for dinner tonight. It was all thoroughly enjoyed. Strangely, or not, we did not talk politics that much. One of the topics dabbled in it a bit. It was on the arrogance of the modern science community officially or unofficially led by NDT and his show Cosmos which I mostly like. But most of the conversation was about all of our lives, and that is how it needs to be sometimes. After heading to bed very early due to the effect of the food and drink, I awoke and was not able to fall asleep again. This led me to some bed iPhone surfing. I have discovered that I use Facebook for much of my quick news headlines. I follow most all of the MSM or LSM outlets and that leads me to many of the articles I read during the day, and night. I might need to do another post sometime refreshing my readers where I get my news and information. And maybe get some feedback on where they get theirs, besides the infrequent The Orthodox American Blog. I truly hope this is not the only place you get your information from. Anyway, this one caught my eye and got me out of bed to write this post.

Do you remember the joke: ‘Whatever Russians make, they always end up with a Kalashnikov?’ I get an impression that whatever Americans touch they always end up with Libya or Iraq,” 

That was a quote from Putin speaking at an event in Tver Russia yesterday. Here is the full article.

What are the kids calling it these days? Burn? Dis? Am I dating myself? Do I care? Either way, ouch.

Putin has clearly brought Russia back to the super power status, shedding the title of former super power. He is pretty much going to do what he wants, and I doubt any fake lines in the sand or sanctions or Article 51 is going to do anything to stop that. I could be wrong, but if America had no appetite to go into Syria two years ago, we will have even less of an appetite to go to war with Russia in Ukraine. Furthermore no other country or group going to go up against Russia and Putin. But the House and Senate elections are in full swing, and the Presidential race will soon start up and you just never know what people who want to control you will say to get you to vote for them. I sense many Hawks will present as Doves and vice versa.

I am sure I am not the first amateur thinker to say this, but these sure are interesting times we live in. I wonder if there ever was an uninteresting or boring time to live in? If you pay attention at all, I don't think that is possible. Have a great long weekend, those who have one. Some of us don't. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment