Thursday, April 11, 2013

"my profession no longer exists"

I am sure this is just an isolated incident...

Teacher Resignation Letter

He could and did retire. Many can't but feel the same way. Many love the job, and need the job, but are caught in a system they can't or are unwilling to change or fix. Like many and most government things, education has gotten too big, too cumbersome, too many bureaucrats, too expensive, too much union influence, too liberal, too much government, and not enough educating and parental involvement. It might be beyond fixing. It is and will be abandon slowly. It might need to go away, and come back in a different form. It will most likely be kept alive, barely, on life support and deemed too big to fail, but it is, failing. Makes me sad. Makes me frustrated.*


Makes this sound better and better every day.

Home-school author on TSP

TSP = The Survival Podcast

* Disclaimer, I am the son of two retired teachers and the husband to a teacher who is currently a substitute teacher, oh and I was a student, correction, I attended school. I wasn't much of a student.


No comments:

Post a Comment